Hair Care Made Easy
Everyone needs a little hair help sometimes, not just busy moms. Here, we've got the best tips for all hair types.
FINE & STRAIGHT
- If you have fine hair, you'll want to shampoo every day to prevent oils and build up from weighing down your style. Go for a volumizing shampoo and apply a lightweight conditioner from mid-shaft to ends. Need to skip a wash? Use a dry shampoo at the roots to absorb oils, add lift, and refresh your look.
- For all-day volume, apply a thickening spray directly to the roots and blow dry with a large round brush.
- Try a headband or hair scarf as a fast fix for flat hair.
- Play up soft, natural waves by applying a lightweight mousse and blowdrying with a diffuser attachment. Short on time? Let it air dry naturally and you'll get a similar effect.
- For a beachy, tousled look, try a salt spray. Mist directly onto dry hair, then scrunch, twist and twirl large sections of hair to create texture.
- A messy bun is always chic and effortless—the less perfect, the better. Gather hair into a ponytail, then twist it around the base and pin loosely in place. Finish with a misting of hairspray.
THICK & STRAIGHT
- Thick and straight styles look best when hair is extra sleek and polished. Applying a leave-in conditioner to damp hair before blowdrying will help smooth out strands and prevent frizz.
- If your hair is also coarse, run a shine serum over your finished style to give it a little gloss and brilliance.
- A classic ponytail is an easy go-to look. Play around with placement—high, low or off to the side—to keep things fresh. A knotted hair tie adds a pretty accent.
- Skipping a shampoo (or two) can actually be a good thing for curly hair types, as curls tend to love natural oils and moisture. On days you do wash, use a gentle shampoo and follow with a super rich conditioner. Once a week, use a nourishing deep treatment for extra hydration.
- Work with your natural curl pattern instead of fighting it. Curl-enhancing creams and gels can help define the shape and lock out humidity. Work product into your hair a little bit at a time and style with fingers. Don't brush curls as it could create frizz.
- For a quick-and-easy look, try a loose braid. Hold it in place with a covered elastic to prevent breakage.