Ergobaby Carriers Are Built For Comfort
Whether you're running a quick errand, taking a stroll around the neighborhood or hiking with the family, Ergobaby carriers make it easy to be on the move with your little one. As the name implies, Ergobaby carriers are ergonomically designed, which means, when worn properly, a safe and comfortable ride for both you and your baby. Some parents have concerns that improper positioning in baby carriers can increase the risk of deformed hip joints or hip dislocation for babies. Ergobaby carriers have been deemed "hip healthy" by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute, because babies ride in the recommended position: legs spread apart, thighs supported, and hips bent. As for the parents, a wide waistband and padded shoulder straps ensure that the baby's weight is evenly distributed and not straining your back or any other part of your body. The carriers come in a variety of colors and patterns and are made with machine washable fabrics. An infant insert, can be used with the Original, Performance and 360 designs, and provides additional neck and head support for your infant up to 12 pounds. Designed to best support an infant's head, the insert has a padded back panel, adjustable neck cushion, cushioned thigh support, and ergonomic pillow.
Here's a closer look at Ergobaby's line of carriers.
- The Ergobaby 360 offers four carry positions—front facing inward, front facing outward, on the hip, and on the back—allowing you and your baby to transition to different travel styles as they grow. Named the by BabyCenter best carrier of 2016, the 360 has a structured bucket seat, which ensures that your baby is always in the ergonomically correct position. This style supports babies up to 33 pounds.
- The Ergo Original can be worn three ways: front facing inward, on the hip, and on the back. It supports babies up to 45 pounds and comes with an adjustable hood cover to cover your baby when they're sleeping, or to protect them from the sun. A large zippered storage pocket makes for easy access to your wallet, burp cloth, and even an extra diaper. The Ergo Original won the 2014 Cribsie Award as the Comfiest Way to Carry Your Baby.
- The Ergobaby Organic features a similar design as the original, but is made with Oeko-Tex certified 100% organic cotton and is Global Organic Textile Standard certified.
- Made with moisture-wicking mesh lining, a durable synthetic exterior for easy washing and drying, and reinforced stitching, the Ergobaby Performance is designed with active parents in mind. The carrier features curved shoulder pads to ensure a comfortable fit.
- The Ergobaby Adapt is Ergo's first insert-less newborn carrier. It is designed with a lumbar support waist belt for additional support that can be worn low or high depending on your comfort.