Kim West, LCSW-C, known to her clients as The Sleep Lady®, has developed an alternative and effective approach to helping children learn to gently put themselves to sleep without letting them “cry it out”—an option that is not comfortable for many parents.
Essential reading for any tired parent, or any expectant parent who wants to avoid the pitfalls of sleeplessness, Good Night, Sleep Tight offers a practical, easy-to-follow remedy that will work for all families in need of nights of peaceful slumber!
New material and updates include:
• New research on pacifiers and SIDS, the impact of sleep deprivation on postpartum depression
• Additional guidance on feeding your baby and toddler and how feeding relates to sleep
• What you can do to improve your baby’s sleep habits before 6 months
• New information on breastfeeding
• Preparing a sibling for the birth of a baby
• Creating a secure attachment with your baby while instilling healthy sleep habits for the family
• How to read your baby’s cries