A visual step-by-step guide to successful breastfeeding. Authoritative advice for overcoming every nursing challenge!
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to get your baby off to healthy start in life. However, nursing successfully over the long haul requires knowledge, support, and practical information and techniques. Nationally recognized breastfeeding and baby care expert Robin Elise Weiss, L.C.C.E. provides the most up-to-date information on the topic as well as more than 150 photos and step-by-step illustrations that will show you how to make breastfeeding better for you and your baby.
Whether you’re a first-time mother or an experienced one looking for new methods and information The Better Way to Breastfeed shows you how to overcome common pitfalls such as sore nipples, inadequate milk supply, and improper latching as well as special concerns like unusual nipple or breast shape and nursing preemies or multiples.
Each chapter includes:
- Multiple quick references and handy checklists of what to know and do, and when you might need to seek help
- In-depth discussions of how to work with your hospital, employer, friends, and family to support your breastfeeding goals
- Confidence Cues that help you read your body and your baby’s subtle signals
- Mama Moments that provide reassurance and help you take care of yourself
With this essential guide you’ll be able to breastfeed successfully no matter what your goals are, and ensure your baby is happy and healthy.
- Publication Date: 6/1/2010
- Pages: 304
- Reading Level: Age 0 and Up