Summary: - - - Caps for Sale - is a timeless classic, in print for over fifty years, and beloved by generations of readers. This easy-to-read story about a peddler and a band of mischievous monkeys is filled with warmth, humor, and simplicity. Children will delight in following the peddlers efforts to outwit the monkeys in this new, enlarged, and redesigned edition, and will ask to read it again and again. - - - About the Author: - - • - Esphyr Slobodkina (the name is pronounced ess-FEER sloh-BOD-kee-nah) was born in the Siberian town of Chelyabinsk on Sept. 22, 1908. - Esphyr immigrated to the United States on a student visa at the age of 29. She enrolled at the National Academy of Design, NYC, and in the 1930s, she worked painting lamp shades and soon after murals for the WPA. Esphyr was a founding member of the American Abstract Artists, which began amid controversy in 1936. - In 1937 Slobodkina met the children's author Margaret Wise Brown. In an effort to find work as an illustrator, Slobodkina wrote and illustrated a story with collage called - Mary And The Poodies - to present to Brown. This began a new career for Slobodkina, who illustrated many children's stories for Ms. Brown (including - Sleepy ABCs - and the - Big and Little - series) while still continuing her work as an abstract artist. - In her autobiography, (portions available through this web-site) Ms. Slobodkina wrote, "When Margaret died, I was left without a writer, and since she always insisted that she liked the way I told my stories, I took a deep breath and began to send them to my agent." Ms. Slobodkina took her responsibility as a children's book author seriously. In her memoir she wrote: "The verbal patterns and the patterns of behavior we present to children in these lighthearted confections are likely to influence them for the rest of their lives. These aesthetic impressions, just like the moral teachings of early childhood, remain indelible." - - Caps for Sale - was first published in 1938. Since then it has sold more than two million copies. Today it is considered a children’s book classic as generation after generation pass the story along to new readers. In sales it ranks with such classics as - Good Night Moon - , according to Publisher's Weekly. - - Caps for Sale - , won a Lewis Carroll Shelf Award in 1958 and is memorialized in a painting by Ms. Slobodkina on permanent exhibition in the West Hartford Library, CT. - Ms. Slobodkina wrote and illustrated numerous other books, including - Mary and The Poodies - (1937), - The Wonderful Feast - , (1955), - The Clock - (1956), - The Long Island Ducklings - (1961), and - Pezzo the Peddler and the Circus Elephant - , which was first published in 1967 and was reissued in 2002 as - Circus Caps for Sale - , to name a few. - At the age of 88, Esphyr's primary focus became overseeing the production of musical storybook cassettes of all twenty of her children's books. - At age 90, Esphyr designed a mini museum in Glen Head, Long Island, NY (through her Slobodkina Foundation) as a place where guests can visit and view more than 200 works of art, her handmade dolls and jewelry, as well as her complete collection of children's storybooks, including some original illustrations. - Famed artist and author Esphyr Slobodkina was a leader of the abstract movement in the United States from the 1930s until her death at age 93 in July 2002. - Slobodkina’s works have received high acclaim. Her paintings, sculptures and literary works are part of the collections of The Metropolitan Museum, NY; The National Gallery in Washington, D.C; The Smithsonian; The Hecksher Museum, L.I., NY (where she has a permanent wing); The Whitney Museum, NY; The Wadsworth Museum, Hartford, CT; The Northeast Children’s Literature Collection, Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT; and more. - Author: Esphyr Slobodkina - Illustrator: Esphyr Slobodkina - Publisher:HarperCollins - Published Date:01/01/1947 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:020109147X - #of pages:#N/A -
- - Bugaboo Organizer - - - Offers perfect storage for your essentials, giving easy access to you and your kid's personal items. Attaches to various locations on your stroller, and compatible with the Bugaboo Donkey, Bugaboo Bee and Bugaboo Cameleon. - - - Product Dimensions: - 10.6" x 5.7" -
- - Barbie Groom Ken Doll - New 2012 Version - - - Discover Barbie Fairytale Magic with Barbie Groom! Every princess dreams of the day she will marry her prince. Girls can play out their wedding-day dreams with this handsome groom outfitted in a formal tux. The white jacket highlights the glamour of the day, while the pink bow tie adds whimsical fun perfect for imaginative girls. The Barbie Groom Ken Doll makes to perfect gift any girl will love! - - - Discover Barbie Fairytale Magic with Barbie Groom! - - Every princess dreams of the day she will marry her prince - - Girls can play out their wedding-day dreams with this handsome groom - - Ken Groom Doll is dressed in his formal wedding tux and pink bow tie - - Makes to perfect gift any girl will love! - - Product Dimensions: 12.75 x 5 x 2.38 - - Recommended Ages: 3 years & Up - -
- - Bugaboo Parasol - Royal Blue - - - The Bugaboo parasol has three pivot points for optimal shading against the sun and offers SPF 50+ sun protection. The parasol easily attaches to all Bugaboo strollers. - - -
- - Bugaboo Universal Parasol - Orange - - - The Bugaboo parasol has three pivot points for optimal shading against the sun and offers SPF 50+ sun protection. The parasol easily attaches to all Bugaboo strollers. - - Available in: yellow, red, dark khaki, blue, pink, black -
- - Bugaboo Wheeled Board - - - Attach the wheeled board to the chassis of your Bugaboo stroller in just two clicks and see how easy it is to roll with two. Sturdy construction keeps the board in place to guarantee a fun ride for your future pro-skateboarder. -
- - Bugaboo Seat Liner - Black - - The Bugaboo seat liner is both breathable and reversible, and has been designed to wick away moisture keeping the child comfortable and cool on hot days and warm summer months. The twill side, fabricated with bamboo, provides ventilation keeping the seat cool and the child comfortable. The mesh side absorbs moisture to ensure the child stays cool especially on hot days. The seat liner can easily be removed for simple cleaning and is designed to fit all Bugaboo strollers. -
Britax, Graco, Chicco - we have them all! Compare our great prices, with fantastic everyday values across wide range of products. We do not yet offer guaranteed overnight shipping, although many areas of the country do receive their orders the next day. Note that some items, including those shipped directly from the manufacturer, will take longer to arrive; ship times for these products will be noted directly on the product detail page. We are committed to providing you with superior service and encourage you to contact our Customer Care team with any questions or concerns.